Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


On Monday Longford Elementary hosted their last "Thanksgiving Feast". I am glad and sad at the same time. Glad that I don't have to make any more rolls and get things together and wondering if anyone can "taste" the mess ups w/ 15 pans of apple cobbler. But sad as this was probably the final one. The music teacher put a music video together of shots from years past to "I was Born in a Small Town" it was pretty neat. I think there were a few tears. The superintendent then awarded the 07-08 3-5 graders the Govenor's Award for 2nd year in a row. I wonder how many elementary schools in the top 5% of the state are closing? I still pray every night that things will change, but reality is that money plays the most important part in our children's education. Regardless of long bus rides, over crowding classrooms, and space. I pray that all of you have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving weekend! Maddison a pilgrim, Garrett an Indian

Couldn't leave Owen out, but didn't take one w/him and the kids before feast so you get a fuzzy attempt at Christmas pics.

No comments: