Did you know that you can make purple dress up high heels sound like a galloping horse??? Please excuse the clothing attire or lack there of (potty training issues). Oh and the runny nose, actually snotty nose, I'm blaming that on teeth. Things can be a little rough at the Craig's. Oh, yeah and the pom pom's, don't ask me???
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
- Because Brent celebrated his birthday by helping his parents put a new "drying floor" in an old grain bin, he was gone Monday morning. Garrett went w/Brent to help and Maddie, Owen and I stayed home to sort some garage sale items. But we did eat lunch w/him at Grandpa and Grandma's. She made Garrett's favorite -mashed potatoes w/hb gravy over top. Gravy is one thing that I can't make unless it comes from a package and all I have to do is add milk or water. (I know pretty pathetic!).
- While at G&G's we were able to see Garrett's calf. They have to leave the cow/calf pair in the barn because G's cow never claims her calf. We have decided that this is the last calf for her. We are keeping a heifer from last year to replace the cow. Sad thing is "white face" (g named this cow when he was 2) always has a very nice calf. This year was no exception.
Owen liked the calf. He wanted to pet him, but then again-maybe not.
- After we at lunch w/Brent we headed to my parents house to hang out and do a little fishing. According to the solar tables, it was supposed to be a perfect afternoon for fishing. And it WAS. The fish were biting anything. From grasshoppers, to frogs, to hot dogs, and even the spinner. My mom went thru almost a half a hot dog as bait for one fish. I can't remember if she did catch it the thing or not. But the water was clear enough and shallow enough that we could see the fish biting. It was fun. Bad part of the afternoon was that Owen did NOT have a nap. He was not so much fun, but the older 2 had fun.
Although, Garrett did have an issue w/a fish. We had so many in the bucket that one jumped out and as he was picking it back up to put back in, he caught his thumb on a fin. Gave him a little poke and was bleeding. (I promise his zipper is up, I think that is a belt and not underwear)This is the creek that runs right below my parents house. I can't believe we used to swim in it. Although Monday it didn't look too bad. But man it can be dirty!
Maddie forever posing. But w/a bass really???? My dad caught this with his spinner. All the fish we caught we took to the pond in the pasture in hopes that we can fish there in a couple of years.
- Monday night Garrett had a soccer game. It was a beautiful night. Garrett even scored 2 goals. He and his team played WAY better than the first game. He actually enjoyed himself.
- After soccer game we went to wendy's for a treat and to celebrate Brent's bday. By Monday night though we were all shot. Overall a great weekend.
- Brent refereed Friday night. Our family is officially w/out dad or husband for some 8 weeks of Friday nights, probably more...
- Friday night I canned another 6 qts of whole tomatoes and 12 cups of pizza sauce while listening to the Tigers when their football game and the kids watched a movie in the basement. Even Owen watched the whole movie and only came upstairs for more popcorn and pop!
- Brent refereed 3 Pop Warner League FB games Sat. morning. And then we finished putting in the laminate wood floors in the spare room in basement. Still have window trim and baseboard and move everything back into the room, but we are making some progress.
- Saturday night was the BIG event of the weekend. No, we didn't make it to the KSU FB game, but we went to the LONGFORD PARADE AND RODEO.
Owen and Maddie's Cowboy Hat
Garrett and Maddie on Longford Church Float for parade
Owen's Cowboy Boots (that are 3 sizes too big, but still insists on wearing them!)
I'm really mad that I didn't get a pic of Maddie's new boots that she got as an early bday present. She still is holding out hope that a HORSE will appear. Yea, probably not this year. Did I mention we don't have any pets and we LIKE it that way...oh, that's a whole other post.
- On Sunday we hit a family reunion after church. Then we had naps and Brent went to a fantasy fb draft and I picked up the house and played outside. Sunday night we did nothing. It was wonderful not have a schedule of some sort.