Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello Mother, Hello Father

On Monday I sent my oldest off to church camp! Ok so its not like he went hours away, try like 45 minutes, and its only from Monday afternoon until Thursday morning, BUT STILL. I was really worried and a little scared. I know, I know, I'm not sending him cross country or to another country, BUT STILL its CAMP. So I knew I would be teary-eyed when we gave him a hug and he would beg us not to leave him. He would change his mind, we would persuade him to stay, promise him frosty's and movies when he got back. NOT . The kid couldn't wait for us to leave him. I'm pretty sure he thought WE were embarassing him! I couldn't believe it. I was actually kinda mad at him, so therefore NO tears were shed. It was more of a sigh and head hanging, looking back, thinking he'd change his mind and give me a quick hug, NOT. No glance back over the shoulder, IN FACT as we headed back to the van to leave, he and another boy were walking w/the counselor and we waved and he ACTED LIKE HE DIDN"T SEE HIS MOTHER WAVING!!!!!!


Garrett- Cabin #6

"Take the picture mother and then can you go?"


Darren, Garrett, Jacob, and Ryan. (Alert group)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hays Family 5 said...

I love GC. He's my favorite Craig.