Thursday, October 29, 2009

Confession

I have a confession to make.  I really don't like Halloween.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fall, but not Halloween.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Thanksgiving, but not Halloween.  I don't really know when the dislike started.  I am thinking very early.  Don't get me wrong I like candy, but the whole dressing up thing and going trick or treating just never did really appeal to me.  It could have been the fact that we lived in the country and had to always be drove places.  Get in and out in and out.  I HATED that. 

I can remember ONE (and I think only)  time my parents dropped me and my brother (katie sorry can't remember if you came or not) in Green and left us.  All I remember is that is started snowing and it was COLD.  We called my mom from the Green pay phone that worked maybe one out of 4 calls to come get us.  And we waited and waited and waited some more.  By this time my feet were freezing.  And I'm sure we weren't dressed real appropriately.  I mean who wants to wear hat, coat and gloves on OVER your costume.  Well soon my brother and I were the only ones left in our little group.  We waited some more-I'm close to tears and my brother I'm sure was telling me to chill out.  I really don't know how long we ACTUALLY waited, but finally my mother came.  A cat had climbed up under the hood to stay warm on the engine block and she didn't know it.  Yeah-I will let your imgaination go from there.  Anyway..a belt had to be put back on or fixed in some way.  I HATED it.  And it just sort of progressed from there. 

My problem:  My kids LOVE Halloween.  This year really has been an exception.  Costumes this year: sorry to say I didn't really care, but again this year-been an exception.    I bought a vampire cape for G-Yes I could have made it, but waaaaaaay to stressful for me, so yes I bought one.  Maddie-KSU cheerleading outfit found on clearance at K-State Place last year for 10 bucks.  And my ever so nice sister in law is letting me borrow a Monkey costume for O.   So far no blood, sweat, and tears- I pray this will continue up until Sat. night. 

Thanks for letting me vent. I am sure this won't be too popular, but it just how I feel.

3 comments:

Hays Family 5 said...

It's ok. You don't have to like everything. Really.

Unknown said...

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!

Geiger Family said...

I don't remember that at all... any of it. Pretty sure I wasn't there!