Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Days

So we had some snow on Monday night and Tuesday. A lot of snow.  More snow than I have seen in awhile.  Thank goodness no ice came first.  The kids got out of school Tuesday and Wednesday. 

Garrett bundled up.  Trying to build a snowman.  This wasn't the "packin' snow".  This was light and fluffy snow. 


Owen in his 5T snowpants.  They were a little big, but they worked!


Maddison in her Layers as well.

View to the north

Group shot (maddison's picture taking skills come from her mother!  One in 2 shots has her eyes closed!)


These are Wednesday morning "after the storm" pics.  Man did the wind blow.  I thought a few times we were going to blow away..One fence post is buried.  But other spots in our yard were almost bare. 
(my apologies on the pics, but I took these from inside! It was too stinkin' cold for me and plus G had to wear my snow boots.  Apparently we don't own any his size!  )


Looking out our bedroom window off the wrap around porch.  Notice around the trampoline hardly any snow.


Garrett and Owen Thursday morning chillin'.  We did have school today, but on 2 hour delay.  So the boys had a little more hanging out time.


We did have a few rough moments during the snow days, but all in all had fun. Brent took off Wedneday and went to help his parents out choring.  A lot more work when it snows like this.  The fence line feed bunks were full of snow.  Anyway. Garrett and Brent were gone so it was Owen, Maddie and I yesterday.  We played and did a few little things then Maddie and I had a tea party during O's nap time.  It was a simple affair.  She had Pepsi, I had Sprite and each a cinnmon roll, BUT we did use her little china set.  Then we painted fingernails.  AND we made supper, Rice Krispie Christmas Trees & Carmel Chex mix.  If you have never made or had Carmel Chex Mix.  MAKE AT YOUR OWN RISK.  BEWARE-That is one of the most addicting foods I have EVER had and trust me I have had a lot!  It needs its own special "warning" sign.  But oh soo good, but oh soo bad for you. 

Hoping everyone enjoyed their snow days.  Now back to the grind we go....

No comments: