Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hair

We had no plans for today. Brent was going to help his parents, I was going to stay home and piddle around and do the things that I had put off all week etc. No big plans. We decided first though that we would go into Clay to an auction. A lady from our church was having the sale. So we told the kids to get ready. You can imagine the amount of complaints we got about how they "just wanted to stay home". I understood, but thinking we really weren't going to be gone THAT long they could handle it, plus I needed a few groceries. So as the kids were getting ready, I heard Maddison say "mom I think I need your help". She comes out and she had managed to get her hair wrapped around a round hair brush that you use to flip your hair under or out. If I have told her once I have told her a thousand times, "that brush isn't made to comb your hair out, please use the regular brush", but she didn't listen and it finally happened. I tried to take pics and video but she was so MAD at me I couldn't get very good ones, but thought I really need to post this to all you moms w/girls feel free to use this as an example. My first thought when this happened to her was the Everybody Loves Raymond show when Deborah got her curling iron caught in her hair and Raymond left her. (classic episode if you haven't seen it)...
You will also see that my sweet little girl wasn't so sweet at this moment. We did manage to get it out w/out cutting it. Brent was here to help and he has more patience for stuff like this than I do. His words were, "I didn't think this could actually happen!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny. I don't think that will be happening at our house any time soon, unless it happens to me!! LOL

ch said...

oh, the drama...i sadly remember doing the same thing to my own head. I hope this is where the similarities will end between us, but knowing our middle-child status and our equal talents for mother-torture, I can only advise you to hold on tight. The dark tunnel of adolescence is quickly approaching. I'm sure Cam would wholeheartedly agree...