Monday, September 21, 2009

5K Trail Run

I usually don't write/talk much on my running, so this is more for my friend and doing some bragging on her! On Saturday the 19th, my friend Julie and I competed and COMPLETED our first 5K trail run. I was wanting to do something and she was wanting some motivation. So together we decided to try this race. This race was at Milford Lake and was 3.1 miles thru the woods, rocks, trees, and limbs, dirt (thankfully not too much mud)hills, more rocks and even a little beach/sand and a fisherman! It was an absolutely gorgeous morning and cool. It was not only wonderful to do this with her but that we got to do this WITH OUT our kids. (not that mine really wanted to watch me run, they were more interested in grandpa and grandma's. I think one of Julie's wanted to come).But the peace and quiet that we had was wonderful as well! Your hard work payed off Julie, I couldn't be more proud of you! Thank you for doing this with me and being my motivation as well! Oh and both of our husbands deserve some credit here too...with out them to watch the kids or go w/us so we didn't have to run by ourselves was a huge help. Made it harder for us to say no, I'm not going to run today, its just too hard. This race company is putting the same one on in February-sounds cold, but again-maybe just the motivation we need to get thru the holidays!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: