Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thin Mint Imposters



Click on Sweet Swap link to see other receipes and how you can join in on the fun!

Thin Mint Imposters

Waaaay Easy.  I have absolutely no measurements, but DO NOT be scared, really these are pretty fool proof.  I think these taste A LOT like the Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.

Ingredients:
1 Box Chocolate or Vanilla Wafer Cookies. 
 *Chocolate ones are harder to find, Vanilla really does work ok.
Chocolate Almond Bark or semi-sweet chocolate chips melted. 
(I usually start with 1/2 pkg of almond bark for one batch. ) 
Peppermint Oil

Directions:  Melt almond bark/cc as directed.  Add very, very little peppermint oil and mix well.  Taste!  Taste testing is very important.  Some like it really minty some don't.  This oil is STRONG stuff DO NOT DUMP.  I use a toothpick, Old infant Tylenol dropper or something of the sort.  Some come w/a dropper already.  If you want more minty flavor  add more, but again little at a time.  After determining the right amount of mint.  Dip vanilla wafers.  Tap off excess chocolate and place on wax paper.  When chocolate is hard and set.  EAT & ENJOY  (These are great for Cookie exchanges and FREEZE GREAT.)  I would recommend not sharing these cookies in a container w/other cookiesin the freezer as they do give off a small amount of minty "breath"

4 comments:

Katie said...

oh, YUM! I love thin mints, but hate the price. You are awesome - and you got us to the goal of 10 entries for the sweet swap. ...that just made my day! :) Thanks!

Lindsay said...

Now I don't have to buy Girl Scout cookies :)

The 5 C's said...

I probably should put on here somehwere that I think Girl Scouts is a REALLY cool thing and to still GIVE to the girl scouts!

Jenn said...

Thin Mints are my FAVORITE GS cookie. I soooo will be trying thse out. I just need to go buy me some peppermint oil. YUM!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!