Thursday, July 23, 2009

A little getaway

The kids and I are going to be AWOL for a few days. We along w/my mom are going to SD to visit family. The kids REALLY enjoy going and don't really mind the car ride which can vary from 6-8 hours depending on how many times we stop. I'm seriously considering making the kids drink water for supper because if they have pop, Maddison seriously will have to go every 10 minutes. Drives me nuts! I hate to admit it, but I'm not much better however I can go longer than 10. Brent is staying home to work. I think there are enough leftovers to tide him over, however Wendy's does make a mean chicken sandwich. I am hoping that we can still get away for a few days for a quick family vacation before school starts, but not sure when. If anyone knows of someplaces for a quick 3-4 day mini-vacation that kids will enjoy please feel free to share. Or if you just went somewhere those suggestions would be appreciated as well. I am hoping I can post a few things while we are gone, but shall see how much work I want to do. I have some younger cousins who I am banking on to entertain my children for awhile so I can get a break!

2 comments:

ch said...

LOVE that header picture!!! What a handsome GROUP!

I suppose Kansas City gets boring for mini-vacations...I'll have to think on that one and still try to shamelessly lure you this way.

Katie said...

The picture of your three kids is fabulous! Enjoy South Dakota. It's a nice little state!